DFW Drums Blog

Mike's blog of things relating to Dallas/ Ft. Worth's Live Music Community and especially Drums!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Mad Dash to Be....Something

Reporting in from the deep, dark creveses of bandom. The mad dash is on to get ready--be ready to go to stage on the 26th. Just two rehearsals left and (in usual fashion) nerves are starting to fray a bit.
This reminds me a lot of getting ready to gig with The Saints in 2002. I had 5 weeks to learn 55 songs--not so much learn the songs but how they play them. The first gig was pretty successful and this one will be also.
There have been a few curve balls, but nothing that can't be handled yet. Most everything has been right down the middle of the road. Strange really, but I'm already starting to get bored playing some songs--the songs I've already played a jillion times before.
The only real surprises thus far has been the absence of any Stevie Ray Vaughn tunes (because I've been told many times that you have to play SRV in Texas--it must be a law) and the absence of "Play That Funky Music" and "Brickhouse". These might be late adds, but they're also "deal breakers" that will send me packing.
The status is Quo and I will report back after the show.