DFW Drums Blog

Mike's blog of things relating to Dallas/ Ft. Worth's Live Music Community and especially Drums!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Weirdness times eleventy...

I know why people stay under the radar on the usual sites while looking for bands or musicians. It's to escape the weirdos that will call you on the phone drunk, stoned or both....or will call you blathering incoherently about the bands or needs.
I choose to stay pretty open posting my web site in my ads which contains my phone number but NOT my address. I get mostly e-mail inquiries but an occasional phone call...none of which has ever been "normal'....whatever that is.
I got a call last week from a guy looking for a drummer. We talked cordially for a while and then he told me that he's seen my ad for a long time. He asked me why I've posted so long (a legitimate question). I told him I'm looking for a very specific project and just haven't found it yet.
He then offered that "having ads up so long makes you look bad".
Telling him that "I don't give a crap how you think my ads makes me look"...even now, seems insufficient.
Enter "click, then dial tone" here......