DFW Drums Blog

Mike's blog of things relating to Dallas/ Ft. Worth's Live Music Community and especially Drums!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Miracle powers being exhibited right here in Flower Mound, TX.

I wasn't aware. I had no idea. There are powers of miracle...need I say, Biblical proportions occurring right here in our own town.
People, at least I think they're people, are demonstrating this incredible power or intuition. They're able to tell how a drummer plays simply by the response to an ad on Craigslist.

I know. It's crazy and quite unbelievable but I'll try to explain.

I answered a recent ad for a drummer in a variety/dance cover band...well here's the ad:

"we are looking for a drummer for our variety band. we play dance tunes 70s/80s/90s and some top 40. flower mound area. part time. if you would like to audition please respond."

I suppose their powers don't apply to punctuation, but I digress.

So I responded about an audition and an anonymous response came back: "we’re looking someone (sic) that plays a little funkier."

WOW! It's a good thing I don't play funky enough. I could never play with people who possessed the power to know what or how I can play based simply on a response to an ad. I mean.. how would you even address someone like that? Do they emit a light that can't be seen with the naked eye? Are there others like them that have similar super powers. Are they part of some super power alliance? Do they have super friends? Can they reason and deduce from great distances or are their powers limited to just the metroplex?

It's a good thing I don't play funky enough. I just don't think I could ever live up to THEIR standards of funkiness.

Child, please.